Books for All “Kinds of Children”
We have added for your review and pleasure some recommended books that don’t directly relate to ADHD but are very good books for a parent to share with their child. These books cover a wide range of behaviors, emotions, and stresses that can impact on a young child’s day.
The below books are recommended for young children – Kindergarten through Fourth Grade.
- “Don’t Behave Like You Live in a Cave”, by Elizabeth Verdick (Free Spirit Publishing, 2010)
- “How To Take the GRRRR Out of Anger”, by Elizabeth Verdick (Free Spirit Publishing, 2015)
- “Everyone Matters: A First Book for Respect for Others”, by Pat Thomas and Leslie Harker, 2010
- “Stop Picking on Me: A First Book for Bullying”, by Pat Thomas, 2016
- “My Manners Matter: A First Book at Being Polite”, by Pat Thomas, 2006
- “My Mouth is a Volcano”, by Julia Cook and Illustrated by Carrie Hartman, 2006
- “The Juice Box Bully: Empowering Kids to Stand Up for Others”, by Bob Sornson and Maria Dismondy, 2010
- “When I Feel Good About Myself”, by Cornelia Maude Spelman, 2003
- “Voices are Not for Yelling”, by Elizabeth Verdick, 2015
- “F is for Feelings”, by Goldie Millar and Lisa A. Berger, 2014
The above books also can be part of a classroom library for young children.